Last week I saw a movie in which one of the characters had an overprotective mom. This young, single guy acts cool and tough at work but at home he still sleeps in childish pajamas, surrounded by animal soft toys, on a car shaped children's bed. I found it funny but sadly I can relate to that.
I have overprotective parents. Growing up I saw it as love and nothing more. As an adult I feel that my parents' overprotective character damaged me in many ways. I have a destructive personality. I lack confidence thus making getting a dream job difficult. I also want perfection because I feel like I am constantly being watched (by my parents). I usually get angry with myself when things don't go the way I think they should (according to my parents' standard). I have difficulties trusting other people beside my parents. This of course has caused strains in relationships including with my own husband.
Now I am better and I am still trying to get away from my parents' shadows. I believe I have improved and I am trying even harder because I'm also a parent. I wouldn't want to have my son blog about an overprotective mom in the future..................ha-ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment